Who we are
Let’s take a magical journey into the past to the glorious days of the Moghul era wherein Humayun, the son of Babar – The Tiger, having been exiled to Persia, tasted our offerings. After recapturing his throne and his lost glory by invading Northern India in 1555, it paved the way for the settlement of our ancestors in the subcontinent. Back in Dehli, Humayun sent for the makers of the halwa which he could not forget and one of the brothers responded.
S.Abdul Khaliq were the exclusive Halwa makers for the Mughal Emperors for 300 years! It was later in 1835, that we were given the permission to open a shop in Ghanta Ghar, Delhi to share this special Halwa with the rest of the public. Read more